Thursday, May 11, 2006

i should have been a beat poet

i'm up to $3.58 on this internet window, and my goal is to finish before i hit $5. so here's the quick scoop ...

i'm in nyc until tomorrow morning. i've met with some of my favorite alums, had a blast catching up with them, but i need a new catch-all phrase when i talk about leaving. i've totally overused "it was a really hard decision," and need to find something that expresses that same sentiment but in a new way. i welcome your suggestions ...

besides that, i couldn't sleep last night, so i watched fever pitch 1 1/2 times (actually, it's very good even with drew barrymore, and i think i might be developing a crush on jimmy fallon. funny guys are just charming). then lay in bed waiting to fall asleep.

this morning, my morning meeting was cancelled, so i'm headed to starbucks to do some work while i wait for my lunch appt with a fashion designer. i decided on an all-black ensemble today to avoid any judgments on my clothing (all new yorkers accept fully black outfits as the standard, which i fully appreciate considering how much black i actually own). it makes me feel a little morbid, but it's rainy and gross outside, and it fits my new york mood. actually, everytime i go to new york, i crave a pipe. i mean, i feel like i should be wearing all black, smoking a pipe, and journaling furiously, and drinking beers underground. i should have been a beat poet.

anyway, $1.25 later, and it's time for me to go.

more later ...

4 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I wish I were in NYC with you, especially because you probably hate being there alone. But I'm instead in the rainy cold spring of Wisconsin... anyway, hope your trip goes well, try "I'm moving on to something different with my life..."

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Mary! I will be flying into NYC tonight! How about a midnight Tastee Delight? I will call you later and see if we can hook up before you leave.
Cheers,
Rachel.

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like wearing all black sometimes, but I have to add a pop of color like my red mary janes or some colorful earrings. :)

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Jennie - you are back - married I take it? Congratulations!m

 

Post a Comment

<< Home