Thursday, October 07, 2004

reciprocated flattery

my friend melissa met a guy this weekend at a volleyball tournament. they chatted, they laughed. she came in on monday and admitted a crush. so she e-mailed him yesterday. no big deal e-mail, just a "hey, it was nice to talk to you. if you ever have time for a drink, it'd be fun to get together." fine, fine. all nice and good.

he responded this morning.

and he's married.

but there's a lesson to be learned here. not for melissa. but for all married men. pay attention. here's the best way to respond to a girl who seems interested when you're already married. and i quote ...

"I enjoyed talking to you as well... After reading your email, I could not get this ridiculous smile off of my face. I am VERY flattered, but I am married."

Aww ... we both gave him extra kudos for that. So, Melissa willingly abandoned her crush this morning. It's hard to be hurt when someone has reciprocated such humble flattery. Nice job, married man. Nice job.

3 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger erin said...

its me again.
props to the married man.
and damn crushes.

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My question, not in argument...but why was he not sporting his ring...shame shame on married man.
-AN

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Mary said...

good point. but it's quite possible that in being so taken with him, she didn't even bother to check a ring. or maybe you don't wear rings when you're playing volleyball ...?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home