Monday, August 01, 2005

birthday in color

a quick birthday recap ... what a good 25th!!

friday night before my bday, my friends abby, allan, and kat threw me a little surprise soiree which was really, really a suprise. honestly, the last time i was ever surprised was when i was living in ohio and we were about to sit down to dinner and the doorbell rang. my mom asked me to get it, and instead of finding a person, i found a little stuffed animal - a lamb that said "for mary." to this day, i have no idea how that happened. and this - yes, this party was quite a surprise, too. i have such incredible friends. lucky me.


for brunch on saturday, kat and allan and i went out for brunch at my favorite spot, uncommon ground. delicious( if you've never been there and you live in the city, shame on you. call me and i'll treat you to a brunch like you've never experienced). i also got to sport my new hat, courtesy of shelly's excellent gift-giving talents. perfectly enough, it's right in my spring color palette. and it's so loud and big that i feel like a celebrity when i walk by crowds of admiring people :)


saturday night, some friends took me out for dinner at emilio's (you can never go wrong with tapas and sangria!). along with some of my very closest friends in chicago, my cousin mike got to join us for dinner. he was in town from ohio with a couple of buddies from d.c. i don't get to see mike very often so it was the best birthday treat to have him join me in celebrating my 25th. i've now decided to spend some time persuading him to move to chicago (which is not at all hard to do - chicago is easily the second best city in america, right after madison, wi). it would be so awesome to have family living in my same city.

i'll give more updates soon. just wanted to post the pictures and revel in the birthday fun while it's still fresh :)

4 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture of you at the restaurant is so cute. You are so happy. :)

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger allan said...

Glad we could celebrate you Mare. Those were some great Quarter Life Celebrations!
I was sitting here reading your blog and people walking past have been asking, “Who’s that pretty girl under the peach bonnet sitting next to the super fly gigolo?”
Weeeeeellllll.

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun to see your birthday pictures! Your friend Jennie is right, you're beautiful and I am glad I could assist with the hat! Love you lots Mary.
Shell

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger ericj. said...

happy birthiday girl!!! i wish i could of been there. i hate this thing they call distance.

anyway, been in a little funk but back at writing a bit. hopefully i will see you on thursday?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home