Thursday, February 09, 2006

getting the green light

dove dark chocolates don't stand a chance in our office. we devour them. put out a dish of those delectable candies and they're gone before you can say, "i really love dove dark chocolates. they're infinitely better than the milk chocolate ones. i'd also really like to see dove dark chocolates with nuts, like a dove dark chocolate turtle. i wonder if they'd be as good as esther price dark chocolate turtles. those are amazing."

(there are lots of chocolates in a bag - we can't possibly eat them THAT fast)

so this afternoon, i pulled out a dove dark chocolate from my secret stash (my public stash vanished days ago) and read my "dove promise": "you're allowed to do nothing."

we got a good laugh out of that in my office. sure, i'm allowed to do nothing, but that's not good for anyone.

anyway, it reminded me of a game a few friends and i had played on a trip to chicago over spring break during my junior year of college. along the lines of the "what if" and "would you rather" games i'm so fond of, this game pulled on biblical texts (ok ok, we were dorks. i don't deny it).

the question, pulled from 1 corinthians 10:23, was essentially this: what would you do right now if everything was permissible AND beneficial?

obviously, every 18- to 22-year-old single guy had the same answer. except for our friend matt, who without hesitation told us that he'd probably steal a few albums and then drive away at reckless speeds.

matt rocks.

2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger cory said...

i would take my dog, willy, everywhere. the no-dog parks, my classroom, jewelry stores, and art museums. i would let him swim in the pool at the Y, and order him butterburgers at culvers. then, i'd take him to an elementary school or day care and just soak in all the love.

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary,

I love reading your post! Thank you! I always have dark chocolate dove promises at hand =). and Cory...I don't know you but sounds like you could just bring Willy to France (that's where I live)...except thankfully Culvers hasn't made it internationally yet. ciao! Carrie Donaldson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home