Friday, June 17, 2005

tailbone tumors

second half-day friday of the summer. i went to DQ after work with a colleague for lunch and came back home to make a doctor's appointment. i think i have a tumor. fine, fine, before you berate me for my pessimism, maybe it's not a tumor, but something in my tailbone is out of whack. it's like there's an abnormal growth under my skin right at my tailbone that won't let me lean back in chairs or lie comfortably on my back. unfortunately, the only time i could get an appointment was for this coming monday. in the meantime, the nurses at the hotline told me to take warm baths and paid medicine. they don't realize the tumor will be getting larger all weekend ...

i've been in great health all of my life. so stuff like this tends to freak me out. on the way home, i felt my ear ringing again, and as i walked up the stairs to my apartment, i felt my knee joints cracking all the way up.

i am getting old. i'm not even 25, but i am getting old. i should probably win a guinness world record prize for this.

alright now, where's my advil?

3 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just make sure you get the Advil with the arthritis cap!
:)

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger bwhawk said...

I can empathize with the joints cracking. It's kind of scary to feel so old so young. I keep wondering if health is really all down-hill from here. But try to look up: at least we have the meds!

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

never talk about having a tumor again. ever.
love you.
shell

 

Post a Comment

<< Home