Saturday, June 04, 2005

survey the land

this morning, i got an email from a friend of mine. he and i connect irregularly, but with each communication, i feel like i know him better than i ever have. i don't know if it's how he's writing or what he's writing, but something comes through each time we speak that illustrates so perfectly clearly a maturing character. i mean, it's like this handsome man who everyone has always liked is becoming even more handsome - like something out of beauty and the beast, when the beast transforms into the prince. so, t, if you're reading this, thanks for sharing so openly about your heart. it makes me feel like i'm getting to read a fairy tale ...

my friend also sent me news about an old ex and an old roommate's wedding. i haven't spoken with either in years (we all went our separate ways on not so good terms), but their wedding breathes a sigh of relief into my life. makes me survey the land, so to speak, and feel like, ok, this is mine. this is my life. i can do anything. and i admit, there's nothing like that thought on an early saturday morning.

more later. for now, off to a wedding ...

p.s. fancy capris - ok or not ok to wear to a wedding?

1 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I don't know about the fancy capris...I worked so hard as a child to find pants that were LONG enough, so I can't bear to wear capris now.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home