Tuesday, May 10, 2005

the full range

i've experienced such a wide range of emotions today. from feeling confident contributing to a meeting this morning with our head of school and feeling greatly encouraged and excited during a meeting with loyola's dean of students about my professional future and feeling thrilled that my friend allan suddenly offered me one of his free tickets to the u2 show tonight
to
feeling enraged that people in higher administration do not listen to our office's immediate and pressing needs EVER and feeling disappointed that one of my new favorite alums uses such poor punctuation in his emails (i know, i know, but it's one of my serious pet peeves) and feeling that perhaps my new general hopefulness is like grass - flourishing in the spring only to be cut down by neighborhood boys earning cash mowing lawns for the summer.

but, happily, i am mostly - vastly - thrilled today. i feel thankful that god has really responded to my prayers and i feel confident that i can trust him with those things that drive me nuts (and trust him enough to change my attitude towards boys with poor punctuation). in fact, i'm really thankful that i have a writing outlet. because, and thank God for this, i can leave my crap here. i honestly feel like i've laid down everything that's driven me crazy today and left it on this blog. and it's so refreshing. because now, i can fully enjoy ....

u2!!!! i'm gonna go see u2!!!! woohoo!!!

4 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Hope it was a good show, it was last night.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Mary said...

it was an AWESOME show. we were gen admission, so we were only about 6' away from bono, the edge, adam and larry. and larry is definitely my new favorite. man, if i could only drum like that!!!

freakin' awesome show. can't believe i got to go. u2 forever!!!!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger rebstar said...

wow, i'm so green!!
i'm glad you had such a great time--how wonderful that you were given the ticket the day OF the concert!!

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can't believe you got to go at the last minute. I'm sure it was incredible!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home