Sunday, April 10, 2005

temper

i have an awful, terrible, no good, very bad temper. i hate it. it takes only one itsy bitsy teeny weeny little thing to set me off for hours. like johnsonville italian sausages. 1/2 cup water in a medium-warm skillet, covered for 10 minutes, flipping once, uncover and cook on medium for 10 more minutes. but no! once you uncover the little ... skillet, the whole bottom just burns! blackened, burned pan and the sausages are still not done. this set me off on a tiny tirade, spoiling my sunny afternoon not to mention my peaceful home not to mention my appetite. the next 3 hours were tumultuous indeed.

i feel like a child, like a 6-year-old girl being forced to wear red, subjectively-ugly, hand-me-down corduroy pants, and all i really want to do is stomp my feet, jump up and down and scream and cry until someone makes me lunch, strokes my hair, and tells me that all cooking directions from johnsonville are evil spawn sent here to ruin our lives.

this is also the kind of thing that makes me realize i should probably never get married and have children of my own. i can see it now, my own children having temper tantrums, and me looking right back at them, and crying and screaming and tearing my own hair out. man, i'm not okay.

three deep breaths. i'll get back to you when i've calmed down.

3 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger bwhawk said...

No matter how much one ages, responsibility is still a questionable trait. Yet tantrums can be such a release at times... I can fully relate to you in regards to stress and what it may release in someone. hahaha

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Mary said...

tantrums with explicitives are no good for the listening public. what is WRONG with me?

the worst part is when someone laughs at you, meaning "you are so lame, mary. i know you're being absolutely ridiculous right now." because the thing is, you know with that laugh exactly what they're saying, and you know it's true, so you start to laugh to yourself, but you're still fighting to be mad because ... well, just because.

seriously, sometimes i want to look at me and say, "girlfriend, get your act together." and i'd snap in a z, too. because that's got bizarrely unexplicable power. for real. yo.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger allan said...

having been the focus of this terrible temper at times I just wanted to comment and identify with the Johnsonville Italian sausages. I'm with you guys.

Seriously, I apologies for sometimes laughing at the tantrum but the truth is I can see that 6-year old girl in you jumping up and down and screaming. It really can be kinda funny. Anyway, I do think you are going to make a great mom.....even if you are one of those angry slightly neurotic moms.
....I’m just saying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home