Thursday, May 05, 2005

making me giddy

i just got tickets for the ben harper and trey anastasio concert in alpine valley this summer. oooh! i absolutely cannot wait.

one more thing, i asked an alum to write up a reunion questionnaire for his 20th this fall. take a look at a few of his very irreverent questions below. too funny:
  • is there anyone in our class who's become incredibly successful that, had you known this in advance, you would have kissed up to more?
  • did you avoid the 10th reunion because you were hoping to be so much cooler for the 20th so that you could throw it in people's faces, but somehow it didn't end up working out that way?
  • did you ever go through a "highly idealistic" college phase and then one day find yourself voting Republican?
  • did you ever fancy yourself a very impassioned, involved, aware person only to look back and realize that you were nothing more than a shallow poser?
  • are you planning on coming to the reunion and putting on a front like everything's ok when it's clearly not? and why?

i love my alums. they crack me up :)

3 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm....July 16th at Alpine??? I just gots to see Trey this summer to account for no Phish shows...ever...again...*sigh*. How on earth did you get tickets? The site says they don't go on sale til the 14th! Ugh. You must have connections. Barga, you sly, sly woman you.

And it's about time you put a link up to Gift of Gab and Quannum. When did you finally start listening to that disc I left you? NOW you have to hear him live. W-O-W.

I'm feeling some momentum today. One, it's Cinco de Mayo, and I can virtually smell the tequila and Corona in the air. Two, I just attended the last class of my masters. I'm now ABT, otherwise known as "All But Thesis," a cute little acronym I made up and a knockoff of the more widely known abbreviation ABD, representing All But Dissertation, a status I won't reach for another two years. Oh well. I know you care about this.

So, do you need company to this show? I can bring the grill. And mix the drinks. And sing all the words for you.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Mary said...

jealous? you can buy tickets and join us for the grilling, drinking and music - just go here.

and congrats on your ABT status. i noted on your own blog that you've probably already reached your tequila quota for the week (month?) ;P so i guess you'll have to celebrate ABT status / cinco de mayo with flamenco dancing instead. ole!

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a matter of factually, I had NO tequila last night. My friends SUCK. Everyone stayed home and/or didn't pick up their phone and/or wussed out and/or got sick. Cinco de Sucko, anyone?

--paolo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home