Sunday, June 19, 2005

happy father's day

my parents are about to be here in any minute, but i thought i'd post quick in between my sudden cleaning spasm and their arrival.

the only thing i really want to say here is that i'm so happy that my Father is good. i had a hard talk with a friend today and i am trying to wrap my mind around it. but i feel peaceful about it - even though i have no idea what really the consequences of that talk will bring. i still feel like it was a GOOD conversation to have. and because i know my Father loves my friend so much, i am confident that everything is not lost. and because i know my friend loves my Father so much, i am confident that everything will someday be healed. i know it. i am glad that my Father is so good. i am proud of Him.

and the other thing i want to add is that after i ran through the conversation with my roommate later, after all her comforting and incredible listening, she started to share some things on her heart, things that have been tucked away deep down. i think my roommate is absolutely beautiful. she is such a good friend. i feel lucky, so lucky that i know her. i love her so very much.

it's amazing the kind of ups and downs we experience, these stories weaved together. i am glad God is over, in, through, around, with us in all of it. i am grateful that He sees everything. God, i am so grateful to you. happy father's day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home