Wednesday, September 07, 2005

In The Morning

After 7 glorious hours of sleep, I woke up much refreshed at 6:04 a.m., so pleased with my heavy sleep that I barely noticed the thick ricola taste coating my mouth and the bit of cough drop I had popped last night to stop choking on the pollen in the air.

When I get up during the week, I think of nothing until after my shower. And then I have only one thing on my mind. Do I throw in a cd or brave the radio? And if I brave the radio, will it be XRT, The Drive or The Loop? If I have to change the channel once I select a radio station, I know I'll be flipping all morning, but if I tune in to something good, my morning moves a lot more smoothly.

Thankfully, The Drive was playing Otis Redding this morning. And then "Dust in the Wind" and The Stones' "Heartbreaker."

I need a smooth morning. Because there is chaos at work. Okay, chaos is an exaggeration. But there's a lot to get done, and there's a lot that requires my patience. I am nervous, but I am praying that things work out supernaturally. It is exhausting to have so much of me wrapped up in my work. It becomes so personal.

The good news is that I'm prepared for all my meetings this morning, I've got lunch with my good friend Allison at noon, and then I'm having a small group reunion with some of my favorite girls in the city tonight. PLUS I'm wearing my new necklace, so I feel powerful (it's a pretty heavy beaded thing, so I feel rather "adorned," if you will).

I need to get my priorities in line today, in the big picture sense of the word. So I'm off to walk to work and contemplate a bit. Do some meditative walking yoga or the like on the way to the el. Practice calm in chaos.

Just, well, let God.

1 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

6:04 a.m.? Yikes. I don't think I'd ever feel refreshed at that hour - no matter WHEN I went to bed. I require so much sleep it's ridiculous.
Hope your afternoon was as smooth as your morning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home