Wednesday, December 14, 2005

oh my!

a good morning. i tried on three pair of work-appropriate pants this morning and finally settled on jeans. god bless jeans.

a good meeting. actually productive. and seeing grown people in small student desks makes everyone feel just a little humbled and eager to please without all the ego involved.

a good song - oh, good songs. coolio's fantastic voyage, squeeze's tempted, led zepplin's fool in the rain.

oh, lord. and good massage. the big boss splurged and brought in a masseuse today for the holidays. i've never had a professional massage, and i can see now why people get addicted to these things. it was only 15 minutes, but oh. my. goodness. i felt drunk, stumbling out of the dimly-lit conference-room-turned-spa-lounge. yes. yes, that was good.

and here, in a matter of minutes, i received two emails from two very good friends. one which remarked on the speed of a friend's wedding to drop in march (indeed, i had just heard that they had met a few months ago, and had no clue he had already popped the question) and one from a friend who's newly single and wondering if he'll ever meet someone he'd really want to spend the rest of his life with.

i'll tell you, in my mega-relaxed state of being with the lighting low in my office, my back freshly rubbed, and massive attack's protection on my radio, i feel like, honestly. let's just start moving slower. i just really want to grow dreads, go to a massive attack concert, make a fire, and invite all my friends to some common meeting home, and lounge. just for an afternoon.

fine if tomorrow brings busyness and hard work, meetings and planning, but just. for. one. day. a sabbath, a real sabbath. yes. yes. yes.

---

post-post: wait, let's talk about how today got even better. the annual show-your-appreciation cookie-palooza. i have a baker's box filled with all sorts of holiday treats that i'll take home and share with my chicago family, a box that should last us all the way up to christmas. ahhh. it's been a good day.

letters, massages, and gifts, oh my!

2 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Jon said...

I want your job. At least for the day that you write about. I don't know if I would be any good at the rest.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Mary said...

of course you could do it. i had no idea what i was doing when i started, but it's a sink or swim job.

for real, anytime you want to swap jobs, i'm game. you've seen my brief outlines for thursday night talks. c'mon, give me a chance ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home