Friday, November 12, 2004

i can

i've been thinking a lot about public transportation. i don't have a bike in the city and i don't think i'd dare ride it anywhere near these crazy chicago drivers. but i've got two working legs. so i walk as far my legs will take me and then hop on p.t.

this morning, i was almost skipping to work. i think my energy is being renewed. ah, so good. listening to india.arie this morning made me feel alive. and slipping my sockless feet into comfy clogs made me feel alive. and walking outside into the brisk, beautiful autumn air made me feel alive.

see, i've been questioning some big things lately. and it's been suprisingly scary. but for as big as i feel these things are, my mind has been faithfully drawn to take joy in very small things. which i realize are very big things in and of themselves. like working limbs. what an unbelievable blessing! if god's given me no other gifts besides working limbs, man, that's awesome. i've got them to use. i can walk through the city and enjoy god. i can shake somebody's hand and make a friend. i can write letters to friends i love dearly. i can climb a mountain, climb a hill. i can sit cross-legged on the floor. i can flail my arms about when i dance (hmm, i can and i DO).

i know death is inevitable, right. but at 8:06 a.m. this morning, i'm alive. and enjoying it.

1 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger erin said...

so happy to hear that you are finding joy in the little things today. and guess what... the sun is shining too. i love it. but sockless really? you must be from MN.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home