Sunday, October 16, 2005

Stream of Consciousness

After lunch at Sopo this afternoon with Mandy ($2 breakfast burritos! hello!), Katherine and I came back to the house to reorganize. We're remodeling the closed-in porch, developing an "art space" more or less for Kat to create. The room will still be used for ironing and drying and sitting, but in the matter of a few hours, Kat's already fashioned it so that it begs for creative attention. I love it.

It's still the middle of the afternoon on a gorgeous fall Sunday. Not a cloud in sight and the perfect temperature for anyone. There's light streaming in through our family room windows, but I've lit nearly every candle in the room anyhow. There is never a time when candles are inappropriate.

Meanwhile, Erin is out at Soldier Field watching the Bears-Vikings game with her dad. Ugh, I can't even talk about the Vikings without feeling what a great embarrassment they are to my home state. Man, oh man ... if I ever have enough money, I'm going to buy a professional sports team and conduct some serious moral training.

Well, I still have a bit more cleaning to do, and my new Sugared Pecan candle is luring me back into my room, so I'm off. And, of course, could not forget to wish Paul and Lara very happy, happy birthdays and unforgettable years ahead. I'm SO happy October 16th brought you both to the world :)

2 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for being such a rockin roommate and giving me studio space on the back porch. I'm pretty pumped.
-K

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger erin said...

Go BEARS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home