Thursday, September 29, 2005

YAY!

Isn't today absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous?!?

62 degrees, clear blue sunny skies, and this brisk chill in the air. WOW.

After hitting the snooze for 40 minutes, I woke up deliciously comfortable in my sweats and fleece and felt like I floated to the shower. That is a good morning.

I talked with Shelly on the way to work (she makes me oh so happy), got my bagel and diet coke at Einstein's, hopped on the El, and set my iPod to Modest Mouse, Van Morrison, and U2. I think I nearly skipped to work!

Seriously, it's the kind of day I dream about. And even the fact that I'm sitting in an office without windows doesn't really bother me. I feel like the sun shot right to my heart this morning and is now heating me from the inside out.

Yay, God, for days like this!! Yay for my roommates who I adore, who are patient with me, and who love me when I don't deserve it. Yay for my sisters who share with me and weed through all the reporter-like updates to get to the good stuff. Yay for Jon who writes text messages to me late at night so I am already glowing before I get out of bed. Yay for Dan who is sending me his girlfriend Lindsay to stay at our place in a couple of weeks - and yay for Lindsay who chatted with me so warmly when we spoke last night.

And yay for this song my LaunchCast player has just tuned into ... Warrant's Heaven ...

Heaven isn't too far away
Closer to it everyday
No matter what your friends might say
We'll find our way

Heaven, Oh oh oh oh oh oh ... It's not too far away ...

For real. 80s rock ballads are like the icing on the cake. Good job, God.

And one last thing. Many thanks to Paul and Erin who got me started on this whole blogging nonsense exactly one year ago today. I love it :)

1 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger bwhawk said...

God does rock, and so do 80s rock ballads. Thank the heavens that God is there to give us beautiful joyous days and the moments to say "yay."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home