Thursday, October 14, 2004

rocked

ok, so who remembers the scene in love and basketball at q's and monica's senior prom where they're dancing with the wrong people and they know it?

man, that's a good movie.

and the zap & roger song, "i want to be your man," really, could they have CHOSEN a better song? my old roommate erin and i used to dance to that song when we lived on gilman. or rather, i used to make her dance with me to that song.

come to think of it, i think we used to dance often without any music, period. i feel like dancing reminds me of being rocked. rocked like you rock a child (i suppose i should make that clear). it not only echoes your internal rhythm, but is mysteriously comforting. i think that's why i would come home to our apartment after a hard day, look at erin, she'd move her books off her lap, come greet me and let me dance with her. because it was comforting. it rocked the sadness right out, if just for a little while.

1 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Ms. Barga, or your Majesty, while I cannot comment on your exact entry in reference to Love and Basketball as I have not seen it. I can say that I am fully caught up with respect to your blog and I promise not to fall behind. Realizing I might incur some sort of reprisal for not having seen Love and Basketball, ever, I will make a deal with you. I will watch Love and Basketball as long as you watch Bridge on the River Kwai which won the academy award for best picture in 1957.

Your Humble Servant

Erik

 

Post a Comment

<< Home