Sunday, February 27, 2005

but it is so happy to love

from one of my favorite books ...

"I must tell you a great truth, Much-Afraid, which only the few will understand. All the fairest beauties in the human soul, its greatest victories, and its most splendid achievements are always those which no one else knows anything about, or can only dimly guess at ... Many a quiet, ordinary, and hidden life, unknown to the world, is a veritable garden in which Love's flowers and fruits have come to such perfection that it is a place of delight where the King of Love himself walks and rejoices with his friends. Learn this lesson now, down here in the valley, Much-Afraid, and when you get to the steep places of the mountains it will comfort you."

if you haven't yet, check out hannah hurnard's "hinds' feet on high places."

1 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

...not much to say after those splendid words! Wow, how very perfect! I have heard so much about this book and I really need to read it...this summer, I will. Last summer I read C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity" and I absolutely devoured(sp) it.

"hinds' feet...." it's on my list....will read it soon. Thanks for the taste!

(Much-Afraid)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home